ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio V6 Mk2 vs Mk1

Dear All,

I write from Hong Kong and I owned a Clio V6 Mk1. I just had a small frontal damage on my car and is looking for a Mk2 Update since I have to replace the light and the fenders anyways.

I was so delighted to have CB1A and Mr.BEAN messaging me and I finally got hold of the contact I need. - SPECIAL THANKS TO YOU MAT !

The dealer in my country cant help at all as they have simply "NO" information whatsoever. The problem I have now is getting hold of the parts. The Mk2 V6 Parts.

Can anyone here please tell me if they know the part no. for the parts I need in order to do the make over ? ( Just the front )

Anyone can get hold of a Mk2 V6 VIN no.?

Reply much much much appreciated .. !

Thx

Charles

charles@idsl.com.hk

Parts Most Wanted:

1. Mk2 V6 - Complete Front Body Parts incld. Lights, grilled, fender, bumber and hood

2. Mk2 V6 - Final Drive to put in Mk1

3. Clio Trophy - Front Lip Spoiler

4. Clio Trophy - 18" Wheels

Praying to god for these parts !

Hello Charles,

I am from Jebsen motors in HK and would be most happy to help. It would be very helful to me to let me know who dealt with your inquirery as sometimes the staff at the front desk can be less than enthusiastic and intiative to find an asnwer is not always there.

Anyway, the problem you have is that your own a MK1, changing to the facelift front end would require semi serious work which isnt the real problem. THe problem is that there are NO parts for the MK2 V6 out yet. The V6 has just been replaced with the MK2 and its still not on sale in HK as the facotry have not shipped them out, thus we have no spare parts either or access to the spare parts.

Renault dealers are not able to obtain Clio Trophy parts.

Feel free to email me @ mailto:benrushworth@hotmail.com">benrushworth@hotmail.com for any further assistance and info.

Dear Ben,

I am actually NOT complaining the service of your staff at all. Actually my service advicer Kelvin Ho is very very helpful, but you know, Im now at a very desperate situation.

I want to repair the car but then if I have to change those parts, I might as well do the facelift as well.

The problem I have now is that Jebsen have no information at all and i.e Helpless in my case.

Thats why Im looking for contacts here in UK.

Please understand.

thx

Charles

Understood, but the problem is getting the parts since there will be no part listings sent to us yet nor the option to get the parts, sorry.

So Ben,

Do you drive a Clio or shall I assumed that you can drive any Porsche or Renault you want ?

Say if I just stick with the Mk1 parts, how long do you think itll take me to order the parts ?

Charles

GR7

Shiny red R32

Charles

Ben is a top guy and he will arrange for his dad to supply you with a nice Porsche 996 or similar while you wait for your V6 bits and he will also let you choose which colour of Porsche you prefer!

;)

GRs got me in trouble now lol.

Charles, i drive whats available at the moment.

The parts, especially bodyparts are not stocked and subject to the factory and how fast they can hand them over to the couriers. Unfortunately i do not have access to the stock list as i am currently in the UK.

I will forward the request for info onto the relevant person.

But converting to MK2 gusie will be long, tedious and expensive. Along the way we will probably find that this part and that part are slightly diff and you may end up waiting for small parts such as clips etc.

Ben,

Wow ... so youre a big guy ! Yeah .. I went to Trinity last night and spoke to Billy. He said youre BIG in Jebsen. !

Please help Ben !

Well, honestly, Id most prefer to update my car to Mk2 if possible. Cos, if I have to claim my front body parts then why not just as well update it.

Hey Ben,

Since youre in UK, do you think you can get the part nos. or the MK2V6 VIN no.?

Would that be easier for parts department to fabricate the parts ?

Thx

Charles

P.S So do I get a Porsche courtesy car ? Are you anyhow related to Marcobs Jebsen ? My brother knows him.

Billy.......nice guy.....remind him never to pull out on me again! lol....he will remember.

Anyway......im not related to any Jebsen, im related to Mike Rushworth.

I have been talking with teh parts and service dept and since we do not a have a MK2 to compare against we honestly cannoy say what and where the differences lie as its almost certain that there will be parts that will catch us out.

I wont be able to get part number for the V6 as they are not released to the dealers yet, since the car is not on the rd yet. The parts Dept does not fabricate any parts, its all from France as its up to them when we get all our info and parts lists. I cant get a MK2 vehicle code number either........

Sorry for being totally useless in this area but its like trying to update to a car that exisits in pictures only.

I also read that you bought the MK1 front end fomr the UK, if so i recommend repairing to the MK1 front end, eventhough the service manager said your car looks like a MK2 already???

Maybe an easier and better option is to sell your V6 and get the MK2 as it is inherently a much better car all round.