ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio Wings

al

ST on the way...
I was just wondering........if you are going to PC the wings on a Clio how could you determine the paint thickness being as the wings are plastic.

RS Meg 175
yuuum french plastic wings :) i wouldnt have thought u need to worry about that mate, just aslong as you havnt polished the hell out of it previously and you go steady with the pc i cant see a problem but ask rich :)

al

ST on the way...
Lol, haven't got a PC was just wondering as i'm having it done by Steve off DW in a couple of weeks, would be interesting to see Rich's take on it tho.

106 GTi
Paint thickness gauge does not work on plastic panels.

I just go steadier on them with 4 inch pads. Steve is top notch and will now how muck clearcoat he is removing with a said product.

You should have nothing to worry about with a swirl remover and a mild polish to follow it up. As long as your only doing this once a year max, and not every week I dont think you should worry.

Your a lucky chap if L200 Steve is doing your car!

You can get ultra sonic guages that work on plastics but tbh whne using a pc and not a rotary you will struggle to remove too much paint anyway