ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clio's "In The Twisties" ???

Nissan 350Z
Put it this way, given a long enough road and two fairly equal drivers, the RS will be faster in every situation.

The 1.2 may well handle well, but the power deficit it has versus an RS will be too much to make up on pretty much all but the very most twisty of roads. Even on those roads the RS will still be quicker, due to having better brakes as well, even if not much.

Lets put it another way. If I put a bloke in a 1.2 who I know could drive and who knew the same route I did as well as I did, and I set the pace in my 182, I know for a fact I would be miles ahead at the end of it, and trust me, all the roads around where i live are pretty "twisty". ;)

tiTTy & SV650
and Martin as soon as you throw in a slow moving car or 3 the RS clio would be away passing 1, 2 or 3 at the same time where the 1.2 might struggle to get past 1 and its game over.

bigger picture...

Honda Civic Type R
no 1.2 clio would get near me in my ctr down a good country road so it certainly wouldn't get near an rs clio. i've had a few non rs clio's race me and one of them was lowered, coilovers the whole works. it did go round bends pretty fast but as soon as i started flooring it, it was goodbye clio. my mate would do me on a tight country road in his 172 cup, so certainly wouldn't have trouble with a 1.2 or 1.4 or whatever. i can't believe we're even havin this argument to be honest