ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clios on watchdog now

The Beast MK4
I shut my bonnet properly every single time and always did the old lift to make sure it didn't come back up.

Then one day on an A road at 60mph...........

Bonnet1.jpg

New bonnet, windscreen and roof work required.

After that I started the WD-40 and copper grease religiously.

And that was back in 2004 so long before Watchdog got a hold of it!

Monaco Blue 172
i don't doubt u, but i still can't comprehend the mechanics behind how it actually happens... :S

Mk1 MX-5 next summer
i think u could tell, as long as it is clicked down properly and the catch isnt completely fucked ure fine.

Its mostly mk2 ph2 but there were a few mk2 ph1's

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
if the bonnets are 'dropped' down, rather than pushed down (which always dents the bonnet) there is no problem

tiTTy & SV650
lol at everyone defending Renault - we all know we drive French s**t boxes which are full of crap designs whether its poorly sealed shocks, exhausts that hold water, cats which give up just in time for your first mot or crap bonnet catches - accept it!

my sisters old clio grande the release used to seize, my mums 05 dynamique is the same I grease mine every now and again, will have to check my mums too.

^^^ Agree with Rory tbh, wtf kinda answer is that Renault gave you have to keep the bonnet release wd40'd f**k off Renault why should I have to do that? Cost cutting design... who cares if it only happens to 1 or 1000 cars all you need is for the driver to swerve when their bonnet comes up with you comming the otherway and your fucked, even if you're driving like a saint.

172, Tiguan
They should be recalled imo. Owners shouldn't be expected to maintain the bonnet realease catch, thats rediculous. You have to remember that 99.9% of Clio owners aren't car enthusiasts.

05 Plate MG ZR 105 Trophy
I shut my bonnet properly every single time and always did the old lift to make sure it didn't come back up.

Then one day on an A road at 60mph...........

Bonnet1.jpg

New bonnet, windscreen and roof work required.

After that I started the WD-40 and copper grease religiously.

And that was back in 2004 so long before Watchdog got a hold of it!

Anybody show us where to use WD40 Etc...?.

you may know it, clio?
yeh they were on because some of the 2001+ bonets were randomly flying up whilst driving which was due to the catch getting stuck/not suting it properly....

2002 Clio Sport 172
Not had any trouble with mine *touch wood* but a bit of WD40 and copper grease can't hurt.. think i will go do it now

If the problem is that bad, surely renault should recall!!

D

dick

i noticed mine other day, it was the plastic pully bit that went wierd.

put some liquid silicon (super slippy) betwewen the plawstic pull bit and the bit of the bonnet, sorted :)

'03 172, now a 2004 CTR
Mines seems okay but i'm a bit worried now!

Think I might give it a bit of a spray first thing tomorrow...

H22A7 Accord Type R
LOL seen it on watchdog, wondered what would have been mentioned about it on here. Enjoyed the comments about the guys 'new design'.....holding a ship in harbor lol