ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLIP/RSTuner in B'mth/Poole (airbag diagnosis)

172 Cup
hi there,

Struggling to diagnose the Airbag/Service light issue on my newly acquired 172 Cup. Followed all the guides on here to sort wiring under seats and tried resistors to sidestep airbag and pretensioner connections, all to no avail.

Does anyone have access to a code reader to help me pinpoint the issue or alternatively recommend a good independent in the area who may be able to help.

Ta in advance!

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
I will be down in bournemouth in 4 weeks and have clip so can plug in then if you want

172 Cup
a>
Thanks all, managed to sort it. Turned out to be the ribbon wire that connects to the squib ring had snapped. So instead of connecting the resistors to the airbag connectors I removed the plug at the back of the column and used the resistors there...
16299789345_4393b15dba_z.png
Untitled
by c7kjt, on Flickr

GrahamS

ClioSport Club Member
  335d
Good idea matey. the squib for a 172 cup is the same as any clio so you could likely find one for £10 to replace it!