ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clip software

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Someone kindly let me lend CLIP as my airbag light needs turning off and also the spanner has come on the dash even though it says next service isn't for 8k. Anyone know how to turn these lights off?
Cheers in Advance

Audi A5
Tbh the requirements will be mostly the same.

First you need to go into the airbag computer and de-configure the airbags, seats, steering etc. basically whatever you've disconnected. or use resistors to get the airbag lights to turn off. The service light may be on because the airbag light on.

Whilst you've got clip you can go into the injection computer and do a fault check. If you have any permanent faults which show red rather than flashing orange then this could be the cause of the spanner light.

My money would be on, the spanner light is on because of the airbag light is on though.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Chances are Chi, if it's on the Megane II, that it's to do with drivers airbags 1 and 2... so it'll need a clock-spring assembly which is around £50 second hand or £130 new.

Please don't de-configure this just fix the actual problem.

Audi A5
Just to add, I was under the impression you had fitted a aftermarket steering wheel or/and buckets etc. that's why you needed the light turned off.

if it's just a fault with the standard equipment then I wouldn't recommend just de-configuring the faulty part lol.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
We get dodgy car traders come in all the time asking to do it for them and they think we're stupid... yeah, we'll de-configure something so you can sell it on to some poor mug who thinks everything is right.

I don't mind reconfiguring for the replacement of standard equipment with aftermarket kit but to get around MOT testing or to make something appear to be working 100% I won't.