ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

CLiP V220 Please Help

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I’ve just got myself a clone copy of clip and running V220 the latest version. I’ve gotten it to connect to the vehicle and pulled the vehicle info.

Im still learning my way around clip but I’m guessing scan tool is the diagnostics. I’ve clicked on that and opens another window. Clicked the downward fish 😂 and it says ‘wait connecting’ the bar fills from amber to green and the. Just sits there and nothing happens?

What am I doing wrong?

Brigsy

ClioSport Club Member
  T.Turbo
I dont use scan tool. Depends on what car your using it on, i usually do the mutiplex scan and select ecu thats relevant. Every model of ren seems to be slightly different in approach and whats available on the menus.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
I think I probs still need a driver install perhaps but I will have a look for multiplex scan. It’s on the kangoo I was trying it on as I know there is a fault code on it.

VenomUK

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong here. To start with 1 of the 4 drivers seems to be under password so unable to install
IMG_6449.jpeg
Highlighted one in question so if anyone has that patch_rtl_clone… I’d be grateful if someone could send me that please. I have contacted the seller who told me the password but it didn’t work and not waiting on another reply.

Do I need an internet connection to operate CLIP?

I can get it to communicate with the vehicle to an extent. Where it says RO I put the value of 0 in and it goes to the next screen completes 100% and then I get this message
IMG_6455.jpeg

Probably something to do with that one driver also non of the top buttons seem to highlight and work but the ones down the left do.

If there happens to be a tutorial of how to navigate CLIP that would also be greatly appreciated as I suspect half my problems are not knowing how to use CLIP 😂🤦🏼‍♂️

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
Not sure if I’m doing something wrong here. To start with 1 of the 4 drivers seems to be under password so unable to install
View attachment 1643681
Highlighted one in question so if anyone has that patch_rtl_clone… I’d be grateful if someone could send me that please. I have contacted the seller who told me the password but it didn’t work and not waiting on another reply.

Do I need an internet connection to operate CLIP?

I can get it to communicate with the vehicle to an extent. Where it says RO I put the value of 0 in and it goes to the next screen completes 100% and then I get this message
View attachment 1643682

Probably something to do with that one driver also non of the top buttons seem to highlight and work but the ones down the left do.

If there happens to be a tutorial of how to navigate CLIP that would also be greatly appreciated as I suspect half my problems are not knowing how to use CLIP 😂🤦🏼‍♂️
Did you get this sorted ?

Ash007ks

ClioSport Club Member
  Renault Clio 182
I haven’t. I got a new laptop which I need to get 32 bit windows on as it has 32 bit support for its drivers and a different version of Clip with all drivers.
You don't have to worry too much about that as you can run VMware which allows you to run a different windows within.

Example my diagnostic laptop is windows 10 64 bit, but for the clip edition I need for my 182 and my hardware. I run windows 7 32 bit. VM ware and the installation process is probably the more faffing side of getting clip working. However I did a test on both 64 bit and 32 bit in compatability mode and neither worked so it really has to be a separate install.