ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clive the Clio [Pic Heavy]

Guys,

meet Clive.

First things first i know very little about cars but i'm here to learn so bare with me. This thread will show all the changes Clive goes through.

I "acquired" Clive at the start of Feburary with 12 months MOT and 6 months TAX

Here is Clive the day day I got him.
Clive (1).JPG
Clive (2).JPG
Clive (3).JPG
Clive (4).JPG
Clive (5).JPG
Clive (6).JPG

Clive (7).JPG
Clive (8).JPG

After a few months the alternator went and thus this was replace (was put into the garage as this is something else i need to learn)

After getting a rather nice bonus from work last month i through it was time for a few minor improvements such as a Stereo & Speaker upgrade and some Team Heko wind deflectors:

Stereo was purchase due it's features (Bluetooth/SD Card/CD/USB and it's ability to connect to the hand controls)
However after fitting the Stereo it became more noticeable the passengers speaker was actually broke so I've made do with some Fli's (For now)
Stereo: Kenwood KDC-BT92SD - Kenwood Website
Speakers: FLI Integrator 5 - Amazon Link

speaker_new.jpg
speaker_new (2).jpg

With the rain this morning i was egar to get out and tackle the oxidation on the front lights. Forgot to take Before photos so here's the driver side
Before:
lights_pre.jpg
lights_pre (2).jpg

After (More Sanding required?):
lights_after.jpg
lights_after (2).jpg

I will probably re-visit this and re-take these pictures where possible over the next few weeks btw guys and girls to "My bad" on the quality

May I Ask?
Here i may ask some questions if you can assist that would be great !
The Stereo has 1 remote control wire and i have purchase the following leads: KENWOODLEAD & Renault Control Steering Wheel Interface. It is all conencted okay and now the Display shows "Renault" however the steering wheel control still does not work. Any suggestions? (I have spoke with connects2 who have confirmed it should be working)

Have you plugged in the steering control block? It's a small block with about 4 pins. Mine didn't work and a friend who works with car audio said they can be temperamental.
Also thinking about it, do you have a small purple wire with a block on the end with a black cable looped it the block? If so then make sure it's connected to the blue and yellow wire on the headunit loom and plugged into the connects2 box.
I've got an older model of that headunit, the KDC 6047U and it's brilliant, you will NOT be disappointed with it's performance!

Regarding the lights, I'm at the same stage as you, although mine were worse to begin with. I'm going to do a second pass with finer grades of wet and dry (3-4000) and give it a decent polish to finish it off, And I think that should get yours pretty spot on too.

You say "aquired" like you stole it :p

Good job with the headlights mate, what grade did you finish on?

Thanks haha.
Finished on 2500 worth going any higher?

I did also apply some Meguiars Headlight restore kit

Have you plugged in the steering control block? It's a small block with about 4 pins. Mine didn't work and a friend who works with car audio said they can be temperamental.
Also thinking about it, do you have a small purple wire with a block on the end with a black cable looped it the block? If so then make sure it's connected to the blue and yellow wire on the headunit loom and plugged into the connects2 box.
I've got an older model of that headunit, the KDC 6047U and it's brilliant, you will NOT be disappointed with it's performance!

Regarding the lights, I'm at the same stage as you, although mine were worse to begin with. I'm going to do a second pass with finer grades of wet and dry (3-4000) and give it a decent polish to finish it off, And I think that should get yours pretty spot on too.

Thanks for the tip !
I've checked the steering control block and this is connected. When it's not connect i only get the temperature and time on the radio dash. It is also showing Renault so it is recognizing it as being connected. Some Pictures in case you can help.

As you can see the three outputs from the car (Two ISO's and the Yellow Block (Assuming it's the steering control block)) all connect into the Kenwood control adapter, From here the Stereo connects into this and also the black block where the KenwoodLead (The lead with a black cable looped into the block) connects into and the other end of this lead connects to the blue & Yellow wire on the head unit.

DSC_0051.jpg

DSC_0052.jpg
DSC_0053.jpg
DSC_0055.jpg
DSC_0054.jpg

Your name is backwards for Sir Mynj.

Never noticed :) I use jnymris everywhere !

i always thought mens cars were female:S
Lets just say my cars seem to give me less c*** than females so calling them a female name kind of insults the car ! ;)

Can't say I can help you there, although the lead with the loop on mine is purple, might be different, who knows.

Try giving connects2 a call if possible.

well i spoke to connects2 who informed me it is a faulty interface box, This has now been sent back and a replacement should arrive hopefully this week :).

I know this is going to be well above me but would it be possible to fit AirCon into a car without AirCon, or would this be a stupid idea?