ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clogged up fuel filter ?

Renault Clio 172
Hi everybody.

Now i have a new problem, which need a solution. Sometimes when i´m driving, the engine loose the power. I gathers speed very slowly and more than 40-50 km /h it will not gather. Sometimes when this happens, i change the gear once again and then the power is back. Usually when it happens, the light which indicates the electrical problem in the dashboard appears. Then i could put whatever gear, but the speed wont grow and there is no power. Then i have to stopp the car and turn it off. When i start it again, the light is gone and everything is back in normal till next time. Usually it appers whan i start moving or changing the gear. It will not happend at constant speed.

It could not be cluch, because the rpm wont grow if i push the accelerator to the end.

Sparg plugs are also changed some days ago

The problem will not apper every time. I think the fuel wont reach to cylinder as it should be. Perhaps the fuel filter is clugged up.

The problem is very annoing, because when it happens at the rush hour, and my acceleration is the poorest in the whole city, then you may imagine, what do the other drivers think about my car and me.

Perhapse somebody had have the same problem. Every suggestion or idea is welcomed.

Madis

Renault Clio 172
Two days ago at service they changed spark plugs and told, that coil pack is OK.
But when i had a problem with vibration, caused by bad spark plugs, the problem with power loss started.

if i dont find any solution, i have to go back to service.

Renault Clio 172
Two days ago at service they changed spark plugs and told, that coil pack is OK.
But when i had a problem with vibration, caused by bad spark plugs, the problem with power loss started.

if i dont find any solution, i have to go back to service.

My Clio´s milage is 53 000 km.

But when the coil pack is broken, then the problem should be every time when i start the engine. But in other hands, maybe it is a progressive problem. At first it will not occur so often, but later it occurs immidiately.