ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clonking Noise 1.2 16v 2002

RS Clio 182

I am getting a clonking noise coming from the front wheels/supension whenever I am going round corners or over biggish bumps/hilly roads. Does anyone know what this could be?

I am also getting vibration through the brake pedal, similar to the ABS feeling, when braking from high speed i.e. 70 mph.

????????

Cheers

Mazda 2, MX5 Mk2.5 Sport

bottom ball joint maybe???

jack it up and see if theres any play by grabbin the top and bottom of the wheel (12 and 6 oclock) and givin it a wiggle

RS Clio 182

Havent checked this recently but it was happening with the original alloys and they have been swapped with 16" super Ts and its still happening so the nuts have been retightened since I bought the car.

Anyone got any ideas about the brake problem?? Could this be related to a problem with the ball joints?

Cheers

When I go round a small roundabout thats bumpy near us it feels thet all the suspension is loose, cant think anything is, but will mention it to Renault. Along with the sunroof and revs which have started being a bit wierd.

friend of mine with an ibiza had a problem like this after he had lowered his car and then put the original springs back on, one of his struts had gone or sumthin, mite be the same with u?

Matt

RS Clio 182

A.G.P.16vSport,

Thats the same feeling I get when going round corners. Only really noticeable when Im going round them reasonably fast and causes me to slow down and the steering feels kind of "loose". Its really hard to explain and thats why I thought Id post this message to see if anyone else had similar problems.

RS Clio 182

Let me know how u get on cos I dont have time to book the car in at the moment - in final year at uni! Will next have free time at the end of May.

Cheers

RS Clio 182

Ive had two Extremes, and numerous 1.2 16v courtesy cars, but the first one didnt have this feeling. Thats how I know something is wrong with this one.

This could just be the problem with the bumpstops, like with many 172s. Though it sounds like your dampers could be knackered...though that wouldnt make sense as its a newish car. Its under warranty so take it back to renault and ask them!

The brake assist is just over sensitive.

-Rob