ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clonking noise when switching off ignition and sometimes when changing gear?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
Right, last couple of times i've switched off the ignition after getting home, theres a clonk noise come from what sounds like the passanger foot well, sometimes get it when changing down gear or pulling off from junctions...sometimes also happens from a cold start...any idea what it is?...engine mounts? :S I've no idea where the engine mounts even are! ha!

any help would be greatly appreciated!

225 powered mk2
i know waht you mean but i get like a clonk/clicking noise doing my nut in iw as gona say a mount maybe?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
thought it might have been

my exhaust started blowing last week aswel, got that tighted up though, have heard worn mounts can lead to that too!

any idea of the cost of mounts for a 1.2?

@rt

Veccy 1.9 cdti
righttt, have had a look and its the center exhaust ratteling against something, what i asume is the heat sheild, will have to get up and have a good look!