ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clubby Picture & Video

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
Just a quick one of the mini now it is back on the road, gave it a quick clean. After a 30 mile drive she decided sheer some engine staberliser bolts so it's off the road for a week or so now!

It's a love hate relationship!

miniforun.jpg

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
Re: Clubby Picture

a couple more...

miniforun2.jpg

oh and down at the garage to find out it was only running on two cylinders!

DSC00726.jpg

a little but they are easy to work on in general, sometimes quite fiddley; keeps me busy in the summer.

Yeah, good to have something you can really get stuck into!
Was over in the Edinburgh the other day, parked up in George Street so was expecting to see you taking up one of the bays! No such luck though!

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R

a little but they are easy to work on in general, sometimes quite fiddley; keeps me busy in the summer.

Yeah, good to have something you can really get stuck into!
Was over in the Edinburgh the other day, parked up in George Street so was expecting to see you taking up one of the bays! No such luck though!

i'm back in essex at the moment, i'll be back up in edinburgh mid august.

if you haven't already, the additional tie bar that fits to the thermostat housing generally sorts the snapped std tie bar problems

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R

if you haven't already, the additional tie bar that fits to the thermostat housing generally sorts the snapped std tie bar problems

it already has one of those, i think the engine mounts may need tightening which is a b*tch of a job.

Munday

ClioSport Club Member
  RB 182, 1275GT, C220
Very nice mate. My dad has a 1275GT in black which he bought new in 1973 :)

Nice car, what size engine you running in it and what other mods have you got? Noticed that it must have been a round nose originally and you have put on a Clubman front end. Ideal for the Type R/Vauxhall red top transplant.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
Nice car, what size engine you running in it and what other mods have you got? Noticed that it must have been a round nose originally and you have put on a Clubman front end. Ideal for the Type R/Vauxhall red top transplant.

why do you say it must have been a round nose?

at the moment it has a 1275cc engine single SU carb, i have plans for a turbo engine and then when i have more money i will be putting in a honda lum.

The plate is F reg which means that the car was registered in or after 1988 if it is a private plate. Mini Clubman production ran from 1969 - 1980. If it is a private plate you cannot put it on a car older than the plate as it will be portraying the car as being newer than it is, which is illegal.

The round nose comment is to describe the more familiar shaped front end of the classic mini.

Last edited:

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
The plate is F reg which means that the car was registered in or after 1988 if it is a private plate. Mini Clubman production ran from 1969 - 1980. If it is a private plate you cannot put it on a car older than the plate as it will be portraying the car as being newer than it is, which is illegal.

The round nose comment is to describe the more familiar shaped front end of the classic mini.

Yeah i forgot that the Reg gives it away (i only commented because not many people know the front has been changed), it did used to be a roundnose a Mayfair. Then its had a clubman front end welded on to it.

That's the problem with car forums we're all closet anoraks. Just love Minis and have owned so many different types especially Clubby estates. Next project I reckon if my son doesn't get the VW Beetle he's after.

E11OOT

ClioSport Club Member
  182/V6/R27/R26R
I just removed the silver vinal down the side of the car, some one had attempted to fix some rust and then paint it all with rattle cans and they have made a right hash of it!

I'm going to re-spray the whole car the same colour once i've sorted out all the dammaged caused by the previous owner(s).

So tomorrows shopping list is loads of wet and dry paper (in various grades) and primer!