ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clunking at low speed

I've had a few beers tonight so bear with me with this...

I've had my Clio for 2 months now and about a week after I bought it, I noticed when driving at low speeds then braking, I was getting a slight clunk noise as I was coming to a halt. Sometimes just one clunk, other times maybe 4-5.

I could usually stop this by turning the steering wheel all the way left, then all the way right whilst stationary. However earlier today this just made matters worse.

I did it earlier and got a series of clunks that almost was a grind everytime I turned the wheel left of centre

It clunks when I've dipped the clutch and I'm about to stop, & as I lift the clutch to set off it clunks aswell. It also gives a little series of clunks as I turn the steering wheel left (anti-clockwise) whilst at a standstill and the steering wheels original position is dead centre.

Initially I thought top mounts but bryera has top mount issues and he says his symptoms are different...

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks.