ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunking noise from the front...

BMW 330ci
Fitted coilovers about a month ago, and havent really had much luck since doing so. Firsly the car seems to pull to left and ive had the tracking done, apparently the rubber thing by the wheel dont know what its called and cant describe it, that is split, can that cause it to pull to the left ?

Also the main problem, only happened in the last couple of days, when I pull of from a stand still the two front wheels seem to make a clunking noise, but as soon as I'm past about 10mph doesnt happen anymore.

If anyone can help I would really appreciate it.
Thanks

ITB'd MK1
your CV boot has come off/split

Quite easily going to cause this issue if the grease has all gone and the joint has run dry. New driveshaft is the most likely solution

Danny (or any other techys), can you get away with a new clip and and a re-grease if it's not split or is it always a new driveshaft jobbie?

I had my wheels off tonight and the inside of the passenger front is smeared in grease and I have noticed a knock over the past few days when first pulling off...

Annoying thing is it was re-secured when the ball joint was changed last month and I had a new clip put on when it was MOT'd a week later at the local garage.