ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clunking noise when breaking to a stop

clio 172
everytime i appraoch a junction or whatever when i get to a near stop i can feel my break pedal sort of kicking back on my foot and there is a clunking kinda springy noise.
any guesses?

visualize whirled pe
Prob ABS kicking in.
One possibility; Have a look at the ABS sensor rings at the back of the disk, mounted to the driveshaft, if they are corroded or split they will send a dodgy reading to the ABS sensors plugged in above them and it will think the wheels slipping.

Failing that the sensors themselves might need a quick clean or just take it to renault and see if there are any other faults, best to be sure when it comes to brakes.

Mine did this, only at low speed braking and stops, for ages and turned out to be the rings. I ended up £350 down as i had both driveshafts replaced tbf they had done 80K miles before the Rings were fudged, but it seems daft that Renault cant make a little cast ring last as long as a whole driveshaft.... weakest link in the chain.....