ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch cable

How much of a b**ch are they to fit (valver) ?? How much are they ?

Also anyone reccomend a good make and grade of oil for the winter !??

S4 (320bhp) + Clio 16v

They are a b**ch to fit mate! Find someone that has been recomended to u as i have two fitted by the same man and they lasted about 2 months each as he routed it wrong!!! there not expensive to by like £15 or something

Lionel Richie

craig!!! neil (my mechanic) up by the orange tree will fit it for £30 or less (hes an ex-valver racing mechanic)

I thought changing the cable was going to be a nightmare but only took me about 30 mins in the end, unlike the garage which charged me £90 to fit a cheap one which snapped a couple of months later! Make sure you get a genuine renault cable though.

Tie a piece of string to the end of the old cable inside the car before you pull it out (if this end has broken you might need to take the cable wire out of the housing and feed it in the other way so you have something to tie it to). When youre fitting the new cable through the bulkhead tie it to the string and get someone to pull the string and look for the end coming through inside the car whilst you push the cable up from underneath, might take a bit of fiddling but as long as youve got it tied to the string it shouldnt take too long.

300bhp MR2 Turbo

Worth checking the pedal as well, there was a defect and they caused cables to snap.

I went through two cables and a pedal within a year (probably a lot less) before I found that out.

172 cup,s2 rs turbo

cable about £30.there not to bad to change just got to get the car jacked up(the cable clips onto the back of the subframe)