ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch cable

Pearl Black 172
The clutch cable on my brothers 182 seems to have come off the adjuster? (brass fitting with thread and two sockets behind the pedal) how can we get it back on? Cheers

Pearl Black 172
Obviously not lol. The cable that comes through the gromet to the spring mechanism just went slack =s any ideas? It's loose behind the pedal?

BMW M135i
Obviously not lol. The cable that comes through the gromet to the spring mechanism just went slack =s any ideas? It's loose behind the pedal?
Need a picture to really understand what your saying as regards whats come off what, is it the actual adjuster or the crimp on the end of the cable? Just replace the whole adjuster/pedal probably if its the adjuster and its terminal.

Pearl Black 172
The end of the cable is still clipped in, it's just loose after that, is near that brass adjuster thing and the peddle has dropped. Could someone post of pic of how it should look maybe?

Pearl Black 172
Actually maybe the problem is elsewhere, as it's like the cable has been full pulled into the car (like clutch fully pressed down) =S

E46 M3
I was going to quote it but its one of those things where if someone says something with conviction you start to doubt yourself even though you know its not true!

Pearl Black 172
Just got home and had a look at mine and seems the same behind the pedal other than it's like the cable has pulled right through? Any help guys

Evo 8 MR
Anyone got any pics of where it's attached under the car?

You can see it from the top, it's right where the gearbox makes contact with the engine, just underneath the airbox and left a bit really.

If you can drive it then it can't have come off.

Pearl Black 172
Ok he's just took the airbox off the the mount where it attaches to the gearbox has snapped off so it's just dangling there. How could he fix this as the mount looks like part of the gearbox =S