ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch for 200 cup?

clio cup 200
I have just brocken the clutch in my59 clio 200 cup, it still has 6 months warrenty but if the garage are ok about it i'm going to ask for a clutch upgrade at my cost of the clutch if they fit it so question: what is the best fast road clutch to be used? but I don't want the judder of a paddle clutch for instance!
thanks clint.

clio cup 200
Hi the power is standered but will do small mods later so around 220-230 bhp it hs 27000 on clock
thanks

TheEvilGiraffe

South East - Essex
ClioSport Area Rep
LOL

Small mods won't make 50+ HP. Just stick a standard clutch in it.

From your other thread it sounds like you need to learn how to drive before you go throwing money away on mods !

Christopher

ClioSport Club Member
  Z4M
27k miles and on its second clutch. Poor thing :(

Just use the standard clutch. I've had uprated clutches in the past and they're pointless unless you've got serious power and need the extra bite.

Driving it around at low speeds will do your head in. It's either on or off. Nothing in between.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
check us all judging the guy when it could have been a genuine fault. my little 200 was always warmed up, driven with mechanical sympathy and looked after and it still shat its engine at 2500miles!

check us all judging the guy when it could have been a genuine fault. my little 200 was always warmed up, driven with mechanical sympathy and looked after and it still shat its engine at 2500miles!

Have you read his other thread?

100% agree that sometimes things fail prematurely - take your 200 for example but... In his driving history he's blown up 4 engines, 2 gearboxes, this clutch and readily admits to being very hard on his cars. Clearly this guy doesn't have a scooby (get it, he's blown up 4 WRX engines...) what "mechanical sympathy" is or realise that the very loud noise and continuously rebounding needle means change gear.

clio cup 200
Hold on firstly the scoob was mainly mods that went wrong as modding them was unheard of but I was 21 then. Like I said the cup I only had an hour the 27000 I never did anyway they putting in a new gear box and clutch.