ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch/Gearbox Screeching Noise

RB Lutecia
Hi, ive got a BG clio on a 54 and progressivley now its started getting a screeching noise thats getting louder and louder especially when I take up drive which makes me think its the clutch and now the noise is constant even when im in gear and moving ! My heads pickled at the minute as it was fine this morning and passed its MOT !

Would love it if anyone else knew of this problem and how they sorted it or what was wrong and if it is the clutch where and what are best to go for as i would be wanting to do it tomorrow and i would just go for an aftermarket for now.

Thanks in advance Mark

RB Lutecia
Cheers for the reply Scott, will more than likely let you know how it goes tomorrow if i can get hold of a clutch !

I would say the clutch friction plate is down on the rivets, but then again we could be here a while throwing guesses at it

RB Lutecia
If i could be arsed putting up the picture id show you that the gearbox has decided to pi$$ me off big time ! and throw out a hole so im now in need of a new one if anyone knows of any going cheap ?