ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch issues

hey first time posting here :)

i dont own a clio im a vauxhall man myself but my mum owns a m reg clio 1.4

a few months ago i replaced the clutch on it as the pedal kept slipping on the ratchet system

i had previously replaced the ratchet system and the cable but that didnt solve the problem untill i changed the clutch

its been running fine but has started slipping on the self adjustor again, sometimes when you put the clutch pedal down it does right to the floor and dosnt engage the clutch

the pedal will come back up but its not very good or safe to drive round like that

surely it cant need a clutch again its only done a couple thousand miles since i put the new 1 in

the cable seems fine and the self adjusting ratchet thing is new aswell

any ideas as i realy dont want to change the clutch again

1.2 clio
sounds like the gear box is goin if im honest... as long as u put it all back together right release baringect........ fork is all ok not worn (gussing 1.4 are cable clutch) mine use to hav a similar problem it would crunch in to gear... turn out to be the gear box was naff...