ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch just replaced/vibration/knocking???

cliosport 172
need some help asap :(

just had my cltch replaced and now im getting a vibration through the car, i have a ph2 172

this is happening when staionary and going through the revs and in secand theres a clonking noise coming from the gearbox.

has anybody had this problem or can they tell me whats causing it, possibly gearbox?

the clutch isnt out of line and the driveshafts are good

Advikaz

ClioSport Club Member
need some help asap :(

just had my cltch replaced and now im getting a vibration through the car, i have a ph2 172

this is happening when staionary and going through the revs and in secand theres a clonking noise coming from the gearbox.

has anybody had this problem or can they tell me whats causing it, possibly gearbox?

the clutch isnt out of line and the driveshafts are good

Is the clutch chattering on idle ? If it is it could be clutch resonence which is basically a miss match between the friction material and the flywheel. Did you check the flywheel for pitting when you replaced the clutch? It could be a number of things, could even be a distorted cover.... You did definitely put the plate round the right way didn't you? I know it sounds daft but you'd be amazed at the amount of people who get that wrong, raised side of the plate goes in to the cover, some are now marked as TM (trans side).

Last edited: