ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch on its way out?

Astra van,Mk1 nova
plant the foot. if it revs up and doesnt really go anywhere, its slipping! Thats what happend to my sprinter anyway.

BMW M135i
It could slip, not take drive up smoothly, not disengage properly, etc. What problem are you having?

clio sport 182
basically increase in revs but not in vehicle speed and you would smell something after a while of doing that

No my clutch is fine, im getting a burning typ esmell from the outside of the car, at 1st i thot it was either clutch or brakes, but its reminding me of an electrical burning type of smell, sound familar?

Ph1 track 172
also, the further you have to press the pedal down to disengage the engine,
the more worn the clutch is

Black 197
No my clutch is fine, im getting a burning typ esmell from the outside of the car, at 1st i thot it was either clutch or brakes, but its reminding me of an electrical burning type of smell, sound familar?

But when you put pedal to the metal it rev's but not much change in pick up speed ?? when a Clutch wears they do smell of burning as its friction just the same as if you ride the clutch at lights.. What mileage is on the car ? and have u had the clutch changed since you've owned the car or seen a reciept or evidence of a clutch change ?

when i rev it, its quick, doesnt seem to be slipping

shes on 104K, still on original clutch, the smell isnt a clutch burning smell tho, seems like something electrical

Black 197
when i rev it, its quick, doesnt seem to be slipping

shes on 104K, still on original clutch, the smell isnt a clutch burning smell tho, seems like something electrical

Wow 104K on the original Clutch !! But if its an electrical smell then i dont know ? Take to a garage fella thats the best bet.. 1 last thing how high is the biting point ?

53 Clio's & counting
prob not the clutch if its an elec smell matey, iv coming up on 125k and mines still going lol so dont worry about the miles

1998 BMW e46 323i
i'm on original clutch and 94k 62k of those miles are mine. Still fine touch wood. There is some hope!

Black 197
i'm on original clutch and 94k 62k of those miles are mine. Still fine touch wood. There is some hope!

Mind you i just pushed 40k and mine is strong but then again i hammer the s**t outta my car lol so i can only hope mine lasts that long.. Wonder how much a new clutch and fitting is for a 182 is ?? bet its a right bit*h to fit