ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch on valver...

Clio 16V mk1 ph2
Has anyone ever attempted one? Are they easy to do? Think mine's on it's way out and been quoted £780 so far

7 hours or so to do depend how handy you are and what tools you have ie a 4 post lift helps.

New clutch is only cheap at Renault change the cable for a proper Renault one at the same time.

I know a local garage which would do it for a good price but its 65 miles from you and they don't do coutesy cars

That quote of £780.00 is a lot, I was getting quotes of around £400.00 all in, that was a few years ago though.

Focus ST
If you get a stupid quote like that, you have to ask yourself if the garage really wanted to do the job. They've just hike up the price in the hope you go somewhere else or you'll just throw silly money at them.

Go somewhere else mate, if I was you....

7 hours or so to do depend how handy you are and what tools you have ie a 4 post lift helps.

New clutch is only cheap at Renault change the cable for a proper Renault one at the same time.

I know a local garage which would do it for a good price but its 65 miles from you and they don't do coutesy cars

Will take ALOT longer than 7 hours, esp if he hasn't done it before, it took me 2 days first time i did it, most of it was spent removing things i eneded up not having to remove atall, and putting them back lol

Hardest part is lifting the box back up and getting it back on, esp if you are doing it on your own, the wires all get in the way lol

once you've done enough of them, you can get it down to about 3-4 hours eh lunner!

Also, a 4 poster gets right in the the way when doing clutches, you want a 2 poster if anything. i do mine all on the floor.

williams and trophy
as above really. got it down to 2 hours with 2 of us on the roadside. can do it in 4, 4 1/2 alone, and as above the hardest part is getting it in and lined up when your working on your own.

and a 4 poster is a big no no for this job, better off with axle stands n a trolley jack

Drop the subframe slightly at the gearbox side for more room. Remove water pipes, airfilter/box and gear box mount.

There are several nuts and bolts all the way around the box. Once those are off slide it off and pull it. Leave it like that. Then to line the clutch plate up use your eyes.. I place the clutch where the previous groove marks are. If you have done it wrong the box will not go back on.

Make sure you put the clutch plate on the right way around. Slide box back on bolt up, reattach subframe(2 bolts) done.

Some people say it's easier to take the engine out to to it but i wouldn't.

Clio 16V mk1 ph2

Will take ALOT longer than 7 hours, esp if he hasn't done it before, it took me 2 days first time i did it, most of it was spent removing things i eneded up not having to remove atall, and putting them back lol

Hardest part is lifting the box back up and getting it back on, esp if you are doing it on your own, the wires all get in the way lol

He?! I'm a she!! lol...I have the facility of a 2 or 4 poster lift, so not a problem there. Just never attempted it before...need it doing and pretty sharp ish. Don't mind travelling as long as I can get someone to come with me!