ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch problem? Opposite symptoms to release bearing.

Renault Clio 172 cup
Had a search , couldnt find anything the same so......

My brothers Clio has developed a noise, mainly noticable off throttle but goes when you push clutch pedal down. Let clutch back up, noise returns so guessing its clutch related. But from the threads I've read the release bearing going gives the opposite effect , i.e makes a noise when you push clutch in but goes when you let it up and drive. Anybody know what this points to?

I would add that it was fine ,but I recently remapped the car using RS Tuner and my brother was giving it an 'enthusiastic ' drive to test out the effects of the remap so was giving it some beans down the local dual carriageway and the noise started not long after him giving it a caning. The clutch seems to work fine, no slipping, gearbox fine , all gears engage, just an annoying sort of rattly noise. Is this a sign that the clutch is starting to head on its way out? Could it be anything else? As I said doesnt do the same thing as when the release bearing is going/gone.

Any help advice appreciated.