ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch problems... constant

So, I recently got my first car. It's a 2001 Clio Authentique 1.2 8V (3 door) I've noticed that the car has a ridiculously high bite point (compared to other cars I've driven...) and when I'm attempting a hill start, the clutch slips... I lose all drive and the car stalls both on a shallow and steep hill... it's tedious as you'd imagine!

Do I need a new clutch cable or whole new clutch altogether?

dan's cast offs.
am sure i've seen them sell transmech clutches...NEVER USE ONE. if they last longer than a week you've done well!!

cable. valeo or luk will be fine.
Cheers bud.

Will tightening the cable give me a lower bite point? I've read over and over that clios are common to have a high bite point. I lift my clutch nearly completely all the way up to catch the bite and about 10mm further to fully engage the gear and the clutch is fully up! It's harder to judge when I'm in gear because of this...

Stay Puft

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172
Wait til the weekend and get one with a 40-50% voucher from gsf. Think I paid £60ish for a 1*2 one.