ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch problems

Corsa
Hi all,

Im having serious clutch problems with my car. I replaced the clutch cable as it snapped at the end of last month. The cable snapped on my again last night and im having to replace it again? What would be the reason why it keeps snapping?

Thanks for your help

Rob

BMW M135i
Did you fit a genuine renault cable? Pattern ones are garbage, also the routing needs to be spot on.

Corsa
Did you fit a genuine renault cable? Pattern ones are garbage, also the routing needs to be spot on.

No i didnt fit a renault one. How much is the renault clutch cable? also i think the routing was ok, didnt seem to be catching on anything.

Rob

No i didnt fit a renault one. How much is the renault clutch cable? also i think the routing was ok, didnt seem to be catching on anything.

£18~22 I thinkj.

Renault is the only decinet one and for the price not worth going elsewhere.

Corsa
Ok. I got the new cable today, and ive just fitted it. They gave me a clutch pedle stopper aswel, i fitted it but it seems to be biting really low down. can this be adjusted at all??

Ok. I got the new cable today, and ive just fitted it. They gave me a clutch pedle stopper aswel, i fitted it but it seems to be biting really low down. can this be adjusted at all??

Nope should be a high bite check the teeth on the adjuster arn't broke as thats a common issue,

Alastair.

ClioSport Club Member
  986'S 172ph1+182FF
when fitting a new clutch cable to the valvers a new modified clutch pedal should also be purchased to stop it snapping in future. make sure you have routed the cable correctly because if shes really heavy on the pedal your more than likely gunna snap it again

2.0 175dci rs meggy
when fitting a new clutch cable to the valvers a new modified clutch pedal should also be purchased to stop it snapping in future. make sure you have routed the cable correctly because if shes really heavy on the pedal your more than likely gunna snap it again

haha - commenting on how i did mine then i see

2.0 175dci rs meggy

i had this prob a year and a half ago - clutch cable snapped (replaced with gen), pedal shite! fitted stop still the same, took box out and replaced clutch improved also did fork aswell, replace pedal just before xmas just gone, felt mint but still heavy, cable then snapped again on monday, threw a new cable (gen again £15 to me) in 30 mins routed a diff way to before and clutch is light and bite is about half way! bloody nightmare valver clutches!