ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch question

Volvo S60 T5

Your clutch pedal will feel a bit harder, bite point will be high and it may slip.

A simple way of testing for cluch slip is to drive car at around 20 mph in top gear, put you foot down while pressing the brake pedal, If the engine revs increase then your clutch is buggered.

Quote: Originally posted by Mike172sport on 09 October 2003

Your clutch pedal will feel a bit harder, bite point will be high and it may slip.

A simple way of testing for cluch slip is to drive car at around 20 mph in top gear, put you foot down while pressing the brake pedal, If the engine revs increase then your clutch is buggered.
Thats not as easy as it sounds! I tried it, broke with my left foot (have you ever tried doing that? DONT!), i think the ABS came on and it stalled. All good fun though. Next time ill wait until there are no other cars around!

Volvo S60 T5

You dont have to lock the wheels up ! you will know if it is slipping, and common sence is to do it on a clear road.:p