ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch Quotation

Renaultsport Mégane R26
Hi there,

My car has been at Bridges Renault (in Reading) today having a service, and to my shock horror, I have been informed by the dealership that the car needs a new clutch at a cost of £720 (including fitting)!? Please someone tell me that they are taking me for a ride, this seems outrageous for my lowly 1.2 16V Dynamique. I have emailed K-Tec Racing asking for a quote on their Group N Spec Clutch as this is on their website for £141.00, so hopefully I’ll dodge a £720 bill! If anyone has had fitted a new clutch to their 1.2 16V motor, please let me know how much it set them back. The car has covered 43000 miles.

Thanks for all your help,

Dave

The clutch kit is about £57 from renault that price is way to much though.
I paid £250 for mine a while ago and the guy fitted it in under 3 hours.
Not fancy investing in a haynes manual and trying it yourself?
Is your clutch slipping because when mine started slipping at 36k it lasted about another 5k, I had an luk clutch fitted and it has lasted me up to my current 115k.

Clutch should lasy at least 70k Sounds like you've been either 1/4 miling it or its just broken.
£720 is silly money.
Get a stock clutch though forget the uprated ones there more harm than good.