ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch replacement on warranty

Has anyone had a clutch replaced on warranty?
Had my car serviced at R-Sport last week and he said that the clutch judder I was having was probably a fault with the unit and if so would be replaced on warranty.

Unfortunately I went to a VX meet at the weekend and the clutch died on me so is now at my local Renault dealer. What are the chances that I wont have to pay?

I know a clutch is a wear and tear item but if its faulty then I shouldnt have to pay?

They will try it on saying youve damaged the cluctch and say the colour etc shows its wear and tear etc.

But the 172 clutch isnt that good the change in colour can be down to it slipping so they cannot use that excuse.

Im sure Renault will cover it under warently they know its a week spot.

Its might not be the clutch more the pistons and seals in the cluctch have failed whch is coverd under warenty.

Heres hoping, Ive done 22.5K miles and had clutch judder for the last 1K. My only concern is that the fluid in the clutch (causing the judder) might have exscaped as I got a load of smoke out the car on one gear change before a little before the clutch died.

I know nothing about clutches (except when to use one) so any tips to stop renault blaming me?

Quote: Originally posted by TonyKL on 13 December 2004

I know nothing about clutches (except when to use one) so any tips to stop renault blaming me?
Dont let them say its abuse since its whatver colour since a slipping clutch will be that colour.

Just keep saying why when they want you to pay. Give Renault Uk a call to see there views and use that when you go to the dealership.

Thanks, I spoke to Paul Williams at R-Sport this morning and he said that I could get Renault London West (dealer where car is) to give him a call as he thought it was due to a fault. And speaking to Renault UK is probably a good idea if things go bad.