ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch slipping 182

Black Gold 182 Cupped up
Hi, does anyone know how long a clutch on a 182 is meant to last under normal driving conditions? It has started slipping at 35K and is still under waranty, but sods law it wont slip when I take it to Renault.

Mine was the same at 40k wouldn't slip or judder when Renault had it untill about 55k at which point they said the mileage was too high to pass a replacement clutch as warranty work.

Black Gold 182 Cupped up
Will they refuse to sort my clutch out if I have changed my air filter for a 57i? this may sound strange, but I dont want to take the chance.

Caddy Maxi
well they do anything to shift the blame so if i were you i'd swap it back for the sake of them saying no!

Lionel Richie
covered for the first 12months i think, but they won't pay full amount if they deem it wear and tear

172Petey

Could be an input shaft seal, weeping gear oil onto clutch. I had this problem on my saxo. Was covered under waranty.