ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch squeak and jolt

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Hey

noticed when I use the clutch pedal it squeaks. Is there a way to oil it's cable to stop this? The pedal seems very loose roo, as in there is lots of play in it when released

Also when releasing the clutch the car feels to jolt each time. And the only way to stop that is to change gear slowly and very smoothly. Kinda ruins it when wanting to drive her hard ha.

any ideas?

330i. E30 Touring.
The cable should be slack when not in use.

In terms of the squeak/jolt, you might be lucky and have it being the cable which will improve if greased, but my bet is it's more likely going to be a box off job to sort that.

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
The cable should be slack when not in use.

In terms of the squeak/jolt, you might be lucky and have it being the cable which will improve if greased, but my bet is it's more likely going to be a box off job to sort that.
Is it more likely to be GB or Clutch, I've got a similar problem?

330i. E30 Touring.
Is it more likely to be GB or Clutch, I've got a similar problem?
I'd bet on it being clutch related if there's any squeaking or joltiness. A box will usually whine or crunch, other than that, it won't engage gear.

Either where the fork meets the box, release bearing or clutch itself.

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
Normally it is a noise associated with wear or age to the clutch pressure plate.

Mick

Mazda3 2.2D 185BHP
Well, It seem to work ok and there is a decent bite, do we think there is plenty of life left in the old girl yet?
about to do a whole break refresh in sept so cant afford a new clutch too!

MicKPM

ClioSport Trader
  Clio16v/Zoe Z.E.50
My Cup does it due to having a crappy LUK RepSet installed and I call her "old creaky"

TBH, if it's working then keep whacking it until the wheels fall off.

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
My clutch squeaks after a good drive. Had a gearbox refurb last year as well as a new clutch. New clutch cable was fitted a few months ago, although non genuine.