ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch

Fiesta ST
Try accelerating up a steep hill and seeing if the revs increase but your speed doesn't. If it does, then it's slipping. I noticed mine just hammering it up the slip road on to the motorway from 2nd to 3rd. The revs would rise but I'd not be going any faster. You'll hear the engine note change if it's doing it (as it's like reving it in neutral). :)

Astra SRi T
ive noticed this, when i come out of junctions even when ive got my foot fully off the clutch it still feels/sounds like ive got my foot on it

Fiesta ST
How many miles has the car/clutch done mate? Mine in the RT didn't go until about 70-80k miles. Which isn't too bad imo.

Have you noticed any smells or anything like that? Tbh it's a good excuse to buy a nice new shiney one now, nothing better, it feels so sure under foot now when changing gears. :) Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can tell you "yes" or "no" for sure.

Think mines goin on my valver aswell. anyone know about how much it is to get one replaced (just labour) cos you have to have the hole engine out i think?!

Astra SRi T
Jim_RT said:
How many miles has the car/clutch done mate? Mine in the RT didn't go until about 70-80k miles. Which isn't too bad imo.

Have you noticed any smells or anything like that? Tbh it's a good excuse to buy a nice new shiney one now, nothing better, it feels so sure under foot now when changing gears. :) Perhaps someone with more knowledge than me can tell you "yes" or "no" for sure.
its on a 51 plate its done 42k

well about a new car, im quite tempted to get a loan and get a megane dynamique 1.6 vvt sports hatch, but still not sure:), ive had the info from the local dealer

You'll notice the rpm shoots up and the car doens't accelerate at the same speed. Tahts assuming its worn out you could have other things wrong mine woulnd't come out of gear for a bit as the springs had broken.

wxmlad said:
its on a 51 plate its done 42k

well about a new car, im quite tempted to get a loan and get a megane dynamique 1.6 vvt sports hatch, but still not sure:), ive had the info from the local dealer

can have mine if you like, 05 plat deep red metalic, silver door handles and door strips,

only had it 4 months, 19k on the clock, yours fo a mere £9.5k

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
yeah how does a new clutch cost for a mk1, i don't think i need one but for future referance.

lanky said:
yeah how does a new clutch cost for a mk1, i don't think i need one but for future referance.
Depends on model WIlliams is £85 but if you ask nicly and work at it £60 for trade.

Lower spec model are less say £50 list price but GSF etc do simialr replacments but personally I'd stick with Renault.

Anyone know how much a garage would charge to change te clutch on an f7?

Do all my maintenance myself but i think this is beyond me. lol.

Have been told would be looking at the best part of £250 just for labour.

ValVer4life! said:
Anyone know how much a garage would charge to change te clutch on an f7?

Do all my maintenance myself but i think this is beyond me. lol.

Have been told would be looking at the best part of £250 just for labour.
Depends where you go cltch places usually want about £250 labour and £50 for a clutch but thats cash in hand as the F engines take ages to do. A proper job with VAt you'd be looking at £380 I'd think.

If you ask about though you can find places usually Renault ex or current employees who've worked on them before will do it for a bit less as they have ways round saving time etc.

Oooooof! chuffin ell!

Think ile get startin to save the pennies then! lol.

not happy cos my front passanger side wheel bearing just started humming aswell.

Best stop thrashing it.

lol.