ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch

Im wondering the same thing too, mine creaks really bad and becomes really stiff after driving for about 30 mins

I assume its when it starts slipping, which mine doesnt so i dont know. Its w**k!!!

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
Shaunbrass said:
Im wondering the same thing too, mine creaks really bad and becomes really stiff after driving for about 30 mins

I assume its when it starts slipping, which mine doesnt so i dont know. Its w*nk!!!

Thats your clutch cable mate, it's fine when cold and once shes warmed up feels like s**t and starts creaking.

BMW M135i
Simple way to test the clutch is to stick it in 5th at 30mph and put you foot to the floor, if the revs rise and the speed doesn't then the clutch is slipping and will need changing. If it just builds speed then its ok.

I had first hand experience of this, unfortunately it wasn't that the clutch was worn it was that it was covered in gearbox oil :(.

BMW M135i
If its got closer than it used to be then its probably a sign that the clutch is wearing but if it isn't slipping then don't worry about it yet.
They all seem to have stupidly high bite points, ever clio i've driven has been the same.