ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Clutch

Its around £80 for a standard clutch, and about £120+ for an uprated one.
As for fitting, had mine done last August, its a 10 -12 hour job and some garages I phoned round wouldnt even touch it. Got it fitted for around £350 and that was the cheapest I coulf find. It is a pig of a job.

no it didnt. Got the clutch from euro carparts for just under £80. The fitting was at a cheap garage charging £25ph for the labour. Next best one £450, the worst {Renault!) wanted £600+.

Yep - its expensive business maintaining your 16v. You might as well spend the extra on an uprated clutch as the engine-out process will cost at least £250 for a 1991-96 Clio 16v. I went for a Williams clutch - it should last that little bit longer if youve got modifications such as head/cams etc. Not sure ifits necessary otherwise - but £120 over £80 isnt much when you consider the exorbitant labour.

BMW 320d Sport

Get a Williams clutch, it fits straight in and hardly any extra cost when most of the dosh is going on labour. Its just a bit tougher and the last thing you wanna do is have to replace a knackered clutch again when you could have put a better one in.

david, i know a guy in southampton, greasy old guy, bit dirty worker put does the job well and is cheap. just get plastic seat covers for the inside.

Ben j,

Sorry to keep hassling, but wondered if youd had any luck with finding out about that guy for me?

Im really grateful for your help.