ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

clutch

clio 182 sport
im getting a strange grinding noise from clutch when i press pedal it goes off and comes on when pedal depressed and accelerating, also noticed a few weeks ago pedal went still no play and started slipping left it for few hours and was fine no slipping. Is the noise the release bearing and does this mean a new clutch if so when new clutch is fitted does it have the duel mass flywheel that has to be changed also. anyone got prices on how much new clutch fitted is and how much if flywhwwl has to be changed. please advise as im seriously thinking of putting car in part ex to get shot if mega money. By the way my car is a 08 clio 197 with 59k on.

iirc the 197 doesn't have a dual mass flywheel! yes the noise will most likely be the release bearing and its a new clutch job.

Don't know much on prices for 197's etc but i would say there won't be much change out of £500

DON'T SEND ME PM'S!!
197 is expensive as the slave cylinder/release bearing must be replaced every time the box is removed and that part alone is ~£100

You're looking at £600

clio 182 sport
ive just has a new gearbox fitted under warrenty at evans halshaw about a month ago wonder if this has caused the noisy bearing issue at times and the pedal going hard then