ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cobra bucket seat mounting with height and slide adjustment?

I've just bought a new Cobra bucket seat for my track Clio.

As I'm quite short I would like the seat mounted using the side mounts (so it is higher up). I also have other people occasionally drive my car on track so want the seat to be able to slide (as they are taller than myself).

I can't seem to find a sliding subframe that lets me bolt the seat on using the side mounts.

Would appreciate advice on what I should be getting to do this.

Thanks.

Clio 172 Merc ML55
I could be wrong but my understanding is that by using the side mount option the seat will be 'fixed' into position, in order to have it adjustable you'll need to attach runners to the base instead, I don't think you can do both as the side mounts sit wider apart on the seat subframe although as I said I could be wrong

SI-STI 2.35 & RC-172
I could be wrong but my understanding is that by using the side mount option the seat will be 'fixed' into position, in order to have it adjustable you'll need to attach runners to the base instead, I don't think you can do both as the side mounts sit wider apart on the seat subframe although as I said I could be wrong
THIS!!!You can only do one or the other,personally I would concentrate on what is most comfortable for yourself.SJ.

Clio 172
The side mounts could bolt to sliders. I have a sliding Sparco bucket in my Autosolo Micra so my daughter and I can both drive it, she has short legs. When locked in place with the standard mechanism in any position, the seat is solid so there's been no problem at scrutineering for Autosolos, Autotests and Sprints.

My subframe was specially made from standard sliders and the original mounts, a great piece of adaptation/engineering. YB Racing and Cobra themselves list sliders and mounts for various cars, I have no experience of them, but it can be done. However some forms of motor sport, such as stage rallying, don't allow sliders, so depends what you'll be using the car for.

M135i, 197 turbo
I had an OMP base with generic sliders and side mounts onto a Cobra seat so that myself, my dad and my mate can all use the car at trackdays. I've now got a subframe from Jonfoz on here again fitted with runners and sidemounts.