ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil / Electrical Warning Light

Clio Sport 1.2 16v
hi guys & gals, just wondered if anyone could shed any light on a prob i have.
(car spec: 1.2 16v sport clio with a cobra alarm fitted by renault, it was an optional extra at time of buying)

ok, my hazard warning light was broken and wouldnt click in properly causing the hazards to stay on, so while i waited for a new button to come i taped it into place so they stayed off. Though one night it came loose and when i came back to my car i found the warning lights on and the battery was flat.

I couldnt get into the car with out setting off the alarm and i couldnt start it if i did because of the immobiliser. So popped the bonnet to jump-start the car, while doing this had a few sparks while moving the jump leads about and when the car got started the coil light came on and now it wont go off!!

I took it to renault to plug it in their computer but the dude didnt seem to have any idea cos the computer didnt show up a fault.

So now im left with this warning light on, i am going to try disconnecting the battery and leaving it like that for a few hours to see if it resets it's self. But if anyone has any idea what this could be, please help!!! :D