ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coil Plug light constantly on.. help

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Can anyone help please, as i need to be in Chester for 8am tommorow morning :(

basicly went into the car tried startin and just turned over, i noticed the Oil was still on, so switched off and tried again & it went,
unplugged the battery and re-connected and the coil plug stays on now :S

when i disconnected the battery i tried locking the doors but remembered battery was unpluged, and a red light flashed on the key, which i haven't seen before or if just hadnt noticed it

Now could this be a imobilisier(sp) problem or am i lookin at a Battery problem?
(battery is factory renault on a 52plate clio) thats why i think its the battery

The red light always flashes on the key when you press it shows it works.

If the red light on the dash does go out when you turn the key then your imobiliser ins't an issue.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Sorted it Edde wel for now anywayz

i disconeccted the battery again and left for 45min, and it started straight away, i think its either my Battery or Alternator on the way out :(

Focus MK2 1.8TDCi
i am having that same problem with my 1.2 16v.

Crank angle sensor had gone. It started a few months ago with not starting every now and then, and slowly got worse. The coil light on mine was on too.

But yesterday, i took the car down the garage again, as it was doing the same thing, apart from this time, when it started, i had NO power at all.. Wouldn't even climb a slight incline in 1st. Towed it to the garage, and somehow, the relays in the relay bit of the engine were majorly corroded somehow. Well, gonna go pick it up today, and hope it runs well.

Best thing to do for you is to take it to get diagnostics done. More than likely it will be a crank angle sensor, as i hear the renault ones are a bit pap.

But for cost, i payed a garage to replace a crank angle sensor for about £40

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Mine's allright up 2 now though, will have to try and start it again inabit to see if i get same problem, but last night the Coil plug didnt come on 1's.

Il pull all the relays out 1 by 1 and clean them up to see if that makes a different :)

Were abouts is this Crank Angle sensor ?