ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers and a clean :)

Ly Megane 230 F1
Came home to some nice parcels that had been delivered

Vmaxx coilovers
20120628_173903-1.gif
20120628_175513.gif

Toyo proxes t1r 195/45/16 tyres
20120628_174241.gif
20120628_174301.gif

Set about fitting the rear springs and shocks on friday night,easy enough job..lowered the rear adjusters as low as they go after reading up on here that the rears dont go as low as the front. Im happy with the drop at the back. (also fitted my Renault sport rear badge ;) )

20120629_220122.gif

This morning i set about doing the fronts..Strut top nuts are a pain in the a*s!! eventually got there in the end though..the front is to low at the moment though, it will be getting adjusted up a bit more tomorrow so its matching the rear.

Next up is to get it booked into a garage to get the camber and tracking done before i get the new toyos fitted.

Some photos after i got them fitted and gave the car a clean and a wax.

20120630_144446.gif
20120630_144410.gif
20120630_144422.gif

Ly Megane 230 F1
cheers mate :). The ride isnt to bad,not as bad as i thought it would be anyway..ive not really driven it hard at all to know how the handling has been affected though. Need the camber and tracking done before i see how the handling has been affected.

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
cheers mate :). The ride isnt to bad,not as bad as i thought it would be anyway..ive not really driven it hard at all to know how the handling has been affected though. Need the camber and tracking done before i see how the handling has been affected.

thats ok it really is nice!! sits perfect imo as you haven't got the tracking/camber done but how would you compare it to the comign from the original dampers/springs?

Ly Megane 230 F1
car was fitted with the cup packs and going from that to these its a little bit more bumpy, i wouldnt say the suspension is hard or to soft but its nothing to bad..i think its more than livable for a daily basis

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
car was fitted with the cup packs and going from that to these its a little bit more bumpy, i wouldnt say the suspension is hard or to soft but its nothing to bad..i think its more than livable for a daily basis

awesome cheers for that bud, i too have the cup packs. anymore plans for it?

Ly Megane 230 F1
Next few plans.
Camber/tracking
Wheels re-done
Tyres fitted
Few wee dents removed
Stone chip paint repair
Then some carbon fiber goodies (i hope :) ) and a 5k oil/filter change at some point in the next month.
Been eyeing up Rstuners aswell but thatl have to wait since ive just spent over £600 on coilovers and tyres :(

Stefan.

ClioSport Club Member
Next few plans.
Camber/tracking
Wheels re-done
Tyres fitted
Few wee dents removed
Stone chip paint repair
Then some carbon fiber goodies (i hope :) ) and a 5k oil/filter change at some point in the next month.
Been eyeing up Rstuners aswell but thatl have to wait since ive just spent over £600 on coilovers and tyres :(

im liking your plans keep the wheels in the colour or dark colour i think it loooks so good on ly

172 Sport
Shame you never got some better coilovers though.

Nothing wrong with cheap coilovers, I've had a set of £189 Jamex coilovers fitted to my girlfriends A3 for three years. The ride is perfect, and she did an 8:58BTG on road tyres with them.

Love the look of that, looks really good :) I see loads of Clio's with these half sized plates, how legal are they?

Phase 2 172 Sport
Lovely looking motor right there.

Jardo I've got a 3/4 size front plate, it's been fitted for 2 month's and ive driven past numerous officers and haven't been stopped. I think if you drive like a hoon and attract unwanted attention to your self then you might have issues. This is imo obviously.

Ly Megane 230 F1
Thanks for the comments.

I've not had any trouble with the 3/4 plates that are on it.. I've seen police officers look at them but nothings been said ( might just be admiring the colour ;) lol)

Il get better photos with my proper camera once I clean it again :)

Donny_Dog

ClioSport Club Member
  Jim's rejects
Looks lovely that.

I've got Vmaxx myself and they are awful. The fronts aren't too bad but the rears are death. If you got them for show lowz then I think they are great value for the money IMO.