ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

coilovers are on

3 MPS

got them fitted today by my mate, simple enough fit. the back is fully down , the front is enough i think. can anyone tell me if there will be settlement as i don,t think its all that low. not tested it on the twistys yet.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Much better, but theres still room to spare! lol

Is that about a 40mm drop then roughly?

Little Newms

ClioSport Club Member
  182, D2 Td5 & 840CI

front is about 50mm cos i have 40mm springs

What kit is that mate?

Im hopefully getting my H&Rs fitted next weekend

3 MPS

its the fk kit from k tec , the front has loads left on it but as it is just now the arch liner is rubbing a touch. do you think it will settle down a bit ??

172 mk2

think it would look better if the back was over the top of the tyre, just me tho.

sort the front liners out and lower! my apex springs look similar..

how low is the front?

3 MPS

just had it out a run and it is not as hard as i thought it would be. although its rubbing quite a bit . think i might have to take the arch liner off , has anyone had to do this ? is it ok to do so ?

Mazda MX5 1.8

u had ur camber/alignment checked yet? it may be rubbing because of that

im suprised it does to be honest! is it the back or front that rubs?

Clio II and Grand Modus

Lower the front more.......should be lower than the back, for better handlind and turn in... imo. Looks better too.....Otherwise a nice job

Weeman sucks ****

you should get your camber and alignment checked even if you just change springs with no drop to be safe so with coilovers you should get them done within 150-200 miles id say.

when i had my apex fitted they were way out and thats only a 30mm drop. now i have the H&Rs and had them checked soon after fitting them. by the looks of it you can go lower, mine looks lower at the front and the majority of arch rubbing has gone, probably because its been scrubbed away lol.

the main rubbing point is the curved lining that goes over the bumper mounting which i recommend you either cut off/back or bend it upwards, you dont want to do what i did:confused:

[Edited by CHRIS172CUP on 5/1/2005 9:05:54 AM]

oh, forgot to say, they will settle a bit. mine did.

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Mmmmm, cant wait to get mine now!

Youve got plenty left to go at the front. How does it compare on the road to the standard setup. Is it a lot firmer over the bumps etc? I assume the cornering is tightened up somewhat.

Rick

At me the same problem! Wipes arches of wheels! Understating strong! You changed the top support of shock-absorbers? Or standard has left?

3 MPS

was at crail today, weather was dreadful wet all the way up . only got dry when coming home and the handling is very sharp and alot more precise . virtually no body roll . i don,t think the ride is all that harsh , i like it . a bit bumpy but nothing to much. but i need to sort the rubbing out as its an awful noise. when i do this the front is going lower.

as for the mud flaps , they are there for a reason , to stop my sills getting f**ked . im not a fan of mudflaps but they are practical .

Weeman sucks ****

do you corner hard, and i mean hard? if you do then as i said above, id check a look at the mounting i mentioned otherwise youll rub on those and could cause yourself some problems.

p.s. they should sit this low from the factory imo.

3 MPS

cheers for the comments guys, the front mounts are f**ked , only noticed this when stripping it. my mate reckons this is was the knocking noise has been since i got the car. i will have to order new one soon.