ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilovers???

Renaultsport 220T
When you say as low as possible, my question would be, do you want the car to handle well, or just look like it is on the ground? Will you be doing any trackdays?

If you just want it low, put some apex springs in it. If you want it to handle better, buy some H&R's/Leda's.

You'd be better off doing it the other way round, tbh. You can get away with very low and firmly set on a smooth track with no kerbs potholes and speedbumps its the road where you need more softly set suspension to iron out the imperfections in the road and a higher ride height to get over kerbs etc.

As said above go for H&R's IMO.

I want looks as well tho!ive tryed searching but havent found any pics?i mean i can adjust these,so would it be a good setup?for what im after?

Dansta's cup on H&R's, run's it at that height all the time now get your hand in your wallet son ;)

cupish.jpg

All the way down at the back and until you need to start f**king about with bumper brackets at the front due to rubbing like mad (around 60mm at a guess) and yes it does handle better. I had a set of H&R's on my 172 and now have another set on the 182.

cup_66 said:
That last pic down looks lovely!youve got me in two minds now!so going that low wont comprimise the handeling?

Handling no, practicality... lets just say Dansta's splitters dont last too long, lol.

cup_66 said:
I thought h&r's only went down 50mm?

they drop upto -55/60 on the rear and lower than its possible to drive the car with at the font. Dansta's still has thread left on the front struts but he wouldnt be able to drive it at all if he dropped it much lower at the front.

Cool where is the group buy?where else could i buy them from other then k-tec?i have money waiting!was hoping to of ordered them today

look around for the best prices then call motorsport tuning 01375 362828 and ask if they can beat the price. Tell them how much and where you were quoted it. They're the UK distributor so should be able to. Also some places pinch the c spanners that are part of the kit and then sell them on seperately for an additional £15!! so be wary of that if you get them elsewhere.

Tweaked Leon Cupra R
Nothing wrong wi FK's tho to be fair!!

I have a set and i love them.
DSCN1153.jpg

Notice my splitter has gone too! :(

only problem i find with having the car set low is when you are on a bumpy B road car tends to be all over the place - on a nice smooth road its far better than standard but as soon as these welsh roads get a bit uneven I have to either slow down or end up in a hedge. Round town and motorways and most normal roads its great - its just that there are one or two roads that I have driven recently that I used to drive like a lunatic when I was 19/20 in my old 205 1.9 now 8 years later and much better driver and there is no chance I would keep up with the old 205.

Depends on what rate the springs/dampers are on different kits. I've driven a few that are too stiff or bouncy and like you say it doesnt inspire confidence on the limit unless you are on billiard table smooth tarmac (isnt much of that in the UK!) but i've never had that problem with the H&R's

Turbos.
If you haven't had geo done, you'll get bump steer where the car feels like it's steering on it's own. Anything like Dan's Cup will produce it, and so needs a proper geo set up to sort the toe angle.

all setup has been done and have got H&R's - its just that the car is so low that when hitting big bumps etc the car hits the bump stops as not enough travel in suspension - one of the reasons the 192 is so high is so that there is plenty of travel meaning it can deal with most surfaces well.