ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Coilpacks / Misfire

Clio Sport 182
Hello All, I had the exhaust emission light flicker on my 182 last night whilst it was idling on the drive. I turned the car off then back on and the light went out. I took it to Renault this morning for a diagnostic and was told their was a misfire on cylinder 3 and could have been caused by one of three things. A faulty coilpack, spark plug or injector. I'm due to get a service soon so the plugs are going to get changed any way but I was just wandering how you know if their is a fault on the coil pack or not? Do you have to wait for them to completely die before Reno replace them as my warranty runs out next month and I would prefer to get any problems cured before then...Thanks for any input. Just out of interest how much is a coil pack on a 182?

MK2 PH2 Clio 1.poverty
basically mate if u knw someone else with a 182 swap coilpacks over nd see if the problem is cured, thats the easiest and cheapest. all renault would do is try a coil pack if it cured it great, if not they would try the next thing on thier list, hope this helps

Clio Sport 182
The car is still running fine since I restarted it with no warnings, I just noticed that it was flashing whilst idling on my drive after cleaning it, jus though it best to check how fragile the coils are and whether they can go slowly or whether they jus die?

Clio 182
this happened to mine recently, although it got progressively worse - turned out to be a corroded plug - changing the plugs yourself isn't hard, and only costs about £20, so depending on how soon you're service is due, I'd change them for the sake of it to see if it solves the problem

Clio 197
I had the same problem yesterday, AA man says coil pack, so I buy one today from a motor factors at £51. Fit it just the same........

So I take the plugs out and no one and two plug tops are wet and covered it Sh*t. Cleaned the tops of all four plugs and refitted. EML goes out and car runs like a dream. Cannot take coil pack back so will carry as a spare.

So check your plug as it only took 20-25 mintues to do it.