ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Cold Air Intake Help

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
How would I go about putting a cold air feed in for this filter? I have no idea how to install them. I looked a piperX one and it seemed to have a part on the end for another tube to connect onto. But mine dosent. What options do I have?

Thanks for your help!

IMG_0048.gif

Insignia SRi
ESP Design, (rude racing i think its now called but search in google ESP design) they sell loads of CAF ducting!!

Clio1.2 16v & LR Defender
But how would I attatch it to the air filter itself?

Thanks

Last edited:
  E92 M3
yer just run a caf from the bumper just put it around 2-3 inchs away from the filter and that should do the trick

but it you wana do it propa i heat sheild would be needed

Renaultsport Clio 172
What you guys think of this setup

SDC11657.jpg

SDC11661.jpg

SDC11662.jpg

This is a true CAI, sounds awesome and think makes good power? I never did before and after, but,

Renaultsport Clio 172
^^^is that electrical tape around the pipe?

Yes, the CAI is made of 3" PVC tube, 45 deg elbows and covered around black electrical tape. Cost nothing, just had to buy the filter!

My recorded temperatures for the inlet are between 30 - 40 celcius, think is high??? Bet is lower than the stock box though. You can even touch it after being in traffic.

SDC11665.jpg

The 45 elbows make for smoother path, just the OEM one is the big turn