ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colombo&bariani camshafts

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Be pointless other than for noise, be no power up there at all compared to lower down where peak power is made.

I do not think so, if he shifts around 7500 rpm, in the next gear he is gonna catch a more useful powerband 5000-7000.

RS RIP
Yes, it's got some more haha pretty much more :D

..this was out of the curve, torque-steer in second, another curve and dangerously close to oncoming traffic. The torque is very good however, going up to 7500 is cool because plenty power there but shifting a little earlier is just as good. notice the pickup (sound) from 3rd to 4th ; here also not going way up in the revs but it picks up VERY good in fourth. Remember Alper i have the shorter gears on me Cup

I have noticed my gearbox is starting to kind of complain to me in second when really pulling it hard.. :rolleyes: think i''ll have to be kind to it

anyway, next time i'll make sure no traffic is there + i'll thrash the tits of of 'r on handy-video (filmed from mouth position :clown: )

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
Hi Frank,

I have recently bought a shorter-ratio gearbox (with JC-5 129 internals). It is around 5 % shorter than the ph-1's, actually what you already got. We will see how it affects the performance.

Yes, it's got some more haha pretty much more :D

..this was out of the curve, torque-steer in second, another curve and dangerously close to oncoming traffic. The torque is very good however, going up to 7500 is cool because plenty power there but shifting a little earlier is just as good. notice the pickup (sound) from 3rd to 4th ; here also not going way up in the revs but it picks up VERY good in fourth. Remember Alper i have the shorter gears on me Cup

I have noticed my gearbox is starting to kind of complain to me in second when really pulling it hard.. :rolleyes: think i''ll have to be kind to it

anyway, next time i'll make sure no traffic is there + i'll thrash the tits of of 'r on handy-video (filmed from mouth position :clown: )

RS RIP
Funny, i was thinking about the phase 1 gears for mine .. Alper how much does your 172 weigh ? Loosing weight really gets it going .

RSTUNER'ED-C&B'ED RS-1
You are absolutely right, really thinking about that diet thing :) but i drive it daily so still I need the back seats and etc. At the moment it is totally standart as weight-wise (around 1065 kg with full tank).

RS RIP
Just did two other modifications. :) Mentioned in another thread also btw :eek:

Wanted an aftermarket intake-elbow for a while so i got that ; also went for the modification MarkCup did ; have a look :

17032009001.jpg

17032009.jpg

Very nice mod, extremely pleased with the results , being ; no more flatspots because of heat soaks !

Clio Sport 172 ph1
Nice work franx !

similar setup, different cams :)

My V6 box came today :) CatCams and custom exhaust with 182 mani already in the car :) I'll set up everything this weekend :) and share with You my results :)

RS RIP
Thanks Toxic (what's your real name?) ;

Get the thing mapped AFTER doing this Mod !! (the filterhousing is a Espace V6 model from year '98, maybe you have got this already ?)

It's hot ! :evil:

Do'nt ruin the little panel like i did , i had to improvise and make a new panel (sits really snug to the caf though :approve:) from a piece of rubber that i had laying around in the shed.

Really pleased ! (also another Kilogram of weightloss , making mine 959kgs ;-)

Hope you get good results !

Last edited:
  RS RIP
** edit ** you got the filterhousing already !

One more PLUS- point btw ; easy reach to the oilfilter (for oilchanges) when doing this mod

Last edited:
  Clio Sport 172 ph1
Janusz, mate
I'm from Poland

Yes it's espace 2.8 V6 I got it :) I'll fit it this weekend

My car did 178BHP at the flywheel before the exhaust and manifold was changed (custom remap was made by Henk after CatCams were instaled)

I hope that the exhaust and few other minor mods will free up a fair amount of BHP ;)
Even now I can tell the difference, BIG difference. One final remap needed and I think I'll be ready :)

RS RIP
^^ Well Janusz, good luck !

By the way Janusz was also an old Dutch name here, maybe taken from the Polish names !? (Janes, Janus) We have a very polular (Folk)music-singer , his name is Janes or Janus..

172 phII
Its a matter of finding the optimum shift return point for maximizing performance. Obviously with other cams it needs to be altered.

So you can alter timing ( activating-deactivating) VVT?

Sooooo looking forward to custom map in June :D

Gal

A Clee O
..... i just cant get my head round it

columbo1.jpg

Ahhhhh Colombo, not Columbo ;)

Haha I thought exactly the same thing.

Video wise its hard to see really what the difference is. you need to find a standard 172 and line it up against it. give you a better idea of the improvement.

182 trackday racer
Cant wait to get my cams in. Haven't seen anyone else here at the forum with these cams in a 182.

Have an (RS tuner) output of 116kW and 188Nm already with stock internals so I cant wait to see what these cams will give me.

Also have a 3,7kg billet flywheel and a Quaife differential installed guess it will be nice when cams get in there :D