ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour Coding Bumpers

Hi.
Everyone seems to be colour coding bumpers and side strips lately, so I figured I might look into doing mine.

I have a 1997, Blue (Royal Blue, I think) Clio, and want to colour code the front and back bumpers. Ive been quoted £180 from a bodyshop to do this, but was wondering about doing it myself.

Anyone have any ideas about how much the materials would cost if I did this? I havnt done anything like this before, so the bodyshop seems like a good option right now, but if the saving is big enough and the job isnt too difficult, I might give it a go myself one weekend (or two )

Thanks.

You need to build up the layers and take a LOT of time over it. 24hrs drying between coats etc. Somewhere inside to spray it, i.e. a well ventilated garage. Basically its a ball-ache. I did mine and used:

4 tins of Halfords yellow primer filler
3 tins of Halfords grey plastic primer
6 tins of Halfords Monaco Blue
4 sheets of 800 grit wetndry
3 tins of Halfords Clear LAquer

= approx £84!!

If youve been quoted £180 for the front and back bumpers then it sounds like a good deal to me. Make sure you see the quality of their work first though. Good Luck!