ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

colour coding

1.2 clio dynamique
Hi all, another newbie to the forum,

im a beginner in the whole car modding scene and everything. Got a 2003 clio 1.2 dynamique a year ago, and now im starting off with minor mods, including a sound system and tinted rear lights (the old set of tights trick).

The thing i really want to do, is to colour code my mouldings on the bumpers and doors... but im not sure how to do this? If i took it to a garage what would i be expecting to pay? just dont want to be ripped off. I was going to get a set from a scrapyard and have a go myself but i honestly dont have a clue how to do it

thanks for your help.

RS 182 CUP
Get yourself sport bumpers mate, and don't bother with tinted lights, just go for newer ones if you don't already have them.

1.2 clio dynamique
well ive been quoted £250 for a 172 cup spoiler, front and rear bumpers... but i remember reading somewhere the front one doesnt fit properly.

it would be a lot simpler just changing the bumpers in theory. Does anybody know if thats an average price for the spoiler and bumpers?

RS 182 CUP
Where u from mate? I know a place in the mids that sells reasonably priced parts, or just try eBay mate, few breaking on there

1.2 clio dynamique
I'm from Blackburn, Lancashire. I think I'll just go for the sport bumpers. Are they just a straight swap? Or is there any modification needed? Thanks.

1.2 clio dynamique
My car is silver. It's sounding more and more complicated to do now lol. I think I might start off by doing the rear bumper and getting the side strips sorted out. Get the front sorted when I've got some more wonga together. Thanks for your help guys

IF your not after making into a complete rep, colour coding is quite simple, just takes time and patience.
THere are a few guides in the guides section that explain how really detailed. BUt you have to be a paid member to see them :)

1.2 clio dynamique
IF your not after making into a complete rep, colour coding is quite simple, just takes time and patience.
THere are a few guides in the guides section that explain how really detailed. BUt you have to be a paid member to see them :)

To be honest, I don't really want it to look like a cheap copy of a 182 or anything. I just want the bumpers colour coding mainly. I just think it will make the car look a lot nicer. I've asked a neighbour who can paint and he's gunna colour code it for me. Thanks for all the help