ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Colour matching monaco

Monaco 172
So i sent my car to the body shop and they have sprayed my spoiler monaco 432 blue buts come out darker than my car, ive told them im not happy so there doing it again but there saying its hard to do due to the car fading, anybody else had this problem?

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
He's talking pisch. You can quote me on that. You don't pick a colour and hope for the best ffs!

We have 6 shades for Monaco Blue. We have 32 shades for Pearl White on the Laguna GT. Tell him he should have colour checked the car before painting the spoiler the wrong colour!

Honestly! It's like something you learn as a first year apprentice!

Monaco 172
O ryt :( there was me thinking hes talking some sense as i thought that was the reason for having the colour code lol hes sent my petrol cap away now for matching so im hoping this will resolve the problem :/

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Oh dear! Another bodyshop that doesn't keep spray cards. Check and make sure your petrol flap is refitted perfect as they ruin the rear Nuts/threads on removal.

I wonder what other bodyshops do at times. We have a library of literally thousands and thousands of colours we have painted over the years.

Monaco 172
O man :( wel i supose il have to wait and see what colour comes out in the end. I think they just uncliped it from the bit that pulls out, was only there a minute max.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Interesting, didn't know you could remove just the door, thought it had to be unbolted from the back of the 1/4. Anyway lets hope the match from the paint company comes back correct.

Perplexing!

2bh Monaco is a problem colour in our experiences.......alot of clios arent factory original, theres also the odd, friday after noon car floating around lol. I tried all IXELL shades against my own monaco clio years ago and not one was even close, also all the shades are country mile off from each other, same as Iceburg silver, thats also a right arse. When someone's already balls'd up the match on a 1/4 or something, those are the worst.

If your joining line to line (i.e spoiler to roof) , 9.9 out of 10 times, you'll have to blend if you want it too appear spot on. I suspect in this case it must have been a country mile off mind you......sample cards are must thats for sure.

Last edited:

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Blending is great but no one in the world is going to blend a roof for painting a spoiler. Our colour library is so vast we've never had to blend wings when doing bumpers where as this seems common in a lot of bodyshops.

Fact is plastic to metal can 90% look off colour anyway, blending the wings makes zero difference.

Monaco 172
Ha trust me to have a pig of a colour lol people in work been ribbin me on how somebody can balls up a colour and ive tried explaining but any excuse to wind me up they will :( just aslong as it all ends up close enough for me il b fine lol

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Those kind of people think there is one colour for each car, those are the idiots mate not you.

So he just took the colour code from your car and painted the spoiler without checking any shades against it first? Schoolboy error on his part.

Clio 172 Monaco
Spray shack told me the same thing! And when I had my bonnet done at a different spray shop and they can't match Monaco paint for s**t too! I made them respray it 3 times and gave up! And got my money back I can only suggest don't take there rubbish and if they can't do it take it to another spray shop or send your spoiler to spray shack ;) hehe

Liquid Yellow 1.5DCi
2bh Monaco is a problem colour in our experiences.......alot of clios arent factory original, theres also the odd, friday after noon car floating around lol. I tried all IXELL shades against my own monaco clio years ago and not one was even close, also all the shades are country mile off from each other, same as Iceburg silver, thats also a right arse. When someone's already balls'd up the match on a 1/4 or something, those are the worst.

If your joining line to line (i.e spoiler to roof) , 9.9 out of 10 times, you'll have to blend if you want it too appear spot on. I suspect in this case it must have been a country mile off mind you......sample cards are must thats for sure.

​+1