ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

common mot failiures 1.2

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
ive got my mot coming up soon and i just wanted to know what common failiures a mk2 ph2 1.2 is likely to get??

its got led sidelights could that fail?? i think mine do use too much power as the interior radio display and clocks go dim when they are turned on, what u think? any1 else get this?

also....my number plate light doesnt work, is that a fail and how can i fix it....i hear its a common problem so is that likely to just be a bulb or something else??

i hear split cv boot joints are a common failiure on the rs clio's but is that also common on other models?

The car has done 87K, what are the common probs and how can i check if theyre okay?? Thanks for replies in advance

G_F

BMW M3 & Williams 3
I would just stick it through first, then think about fixing anything, you have 14 days to get a free retest in most places. You might aswell fix the bulb in the plate light though

172 cup'd extreme
Ball joints
Leaking rear shockers
Lights
Broken front coil springs
thats about it ive seen on mk2 none sports

Suzuki Ignis Sport
Yea replace ur number plate light with a new one, they only around £7 from the stealers.

renault clio 1.2 16v
led side lights are illegal so wont pass, it only needs 1 number plate light to pass so it ill need replacing, front and rear coil springs are bad for snappin. also when the light are in use the clock does turn dimmer as normal.

renault clio 1.2 16v
basically if everythink is in good workin order and tyres are above 1.6mm then should b ok. do what i do and give it a check over yourself before you send it in.

2001 Clio 1.2 Dynamique
Ball joints
Leaking rear shockers
Lights
Broken front coil springs
thats about it ive seen on mk2 none sports

o rite, does the number plate light from dealers include the little plastic cover aswel, mines a murcy yellow:dapprove:
any1 thought of replacing this light with a nice white led, off the topic. And how can i check the suspension for th cracks n the leaks. And how do i check the ball joints. tbh i dunno what they are, but if sum1 cud briefly explain how to check them and where abouts they are, wud i need to jak it up or just use a torch a get under.
thanks

Last edited:
  Clio Dynamique
Take the back number plate light out, take the lense off as it just unclips and give it a good wash. Replace bulb and check the contacts are clean.

cheers 4 that, any1 no how to check the susspension and stuff above??

Buya Haynes manul tell you what and how to check.

Push a corner of the car down then let it do and ensure it don't go up and down forever when you lket it go.