ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

common rear rattles?

RS182 Full Fat
fkin car pssis me off. I have been chasing rattles for weeks. I've improved it but it still rattles. So far I have removed the interior trim near the rear bumper to fish out all of the stuff that rolls in there from the holes in the trim that reno gormlessly put at height level with the rear floor so that small stuff like pens and screws fall down onto bare metal and cause havoc. I have removed all the rear interior seats and belt reels. I have taken off the interior trim on the boot hatch and fished stuff out of the inside of the boot shell. Also tightened a few screws holding the lock mechanism that was loose. Have sponge bits for parcel shelf to rest on. Other bits taped up here and there. Only really makes the noises when driving so hard to find the source. Definitely coming from the far rear.
Are there any common things I have overlooked?? My 182 reminds me very much of austin mini ownership.. such a bag of sh*t re build quality, always having to permanently fix something thats not worth fixing as it was designed sh*t to begin with and will break again soon after. Sorry for rant.

BG182
Plastic above back windows? Ive put self adhesive foam strips at the back of most plastic panels, where they touch any metal,
the rear speaker covers rattle a bit aswell ive found. Ive no seats/belts etc and ive lined the floor with a few anti-vibe pads, seems to have done the trick most my rattles are from the dash now.
go round all the car tightening all screws, i couldnt believe how loose my seats had got..

Clio 2.0 16v 182
Have you looked at the rear axle mounts? I took the whole rear axle apart and used loctite after cleaning the shlt out of the threads. Sorted out a lot of rattle for me. The shock bolts are also noisy sometimes

RS182 Full Fat
Have you looked at the rear axle mounts? I took the whole rear axle apart and used loctite after cleaning the shlt out of the threads. Sorted out a lot of rattle for me. The shock bolts are also noisy sometimes
nope it sounds like a screw/s or similar rattling around, or loosely fitting interior component somewhere behind trim maybe.

Clio 182 Cup
My rear rattle was the parcel shelf not seating properly. In my case I didn't think those sponge strips work as they would also make it not seat properly and the noise was actually the parcel shelf knocking against the inside of the bootlid as it sat slightly too high. I unhooked the strings so that it doesn't lift up when you open the boot and then not seat properly again when you close it. Sometimes I still hear it rattle after I've opened and closed the boot and have to give it a slap to seat it and then the rattle stops.

green

ClioSport Club Member
  Hi comp phase 1
If the heat shield is rattling is it safe to take off or do you have to repair ?

Its probably there for a reason. I'd try and fix it with some big washers, that's as long as the nuts come off the thread..lube and a wire brush to take the rust off of the threads.

LY 220 Trophy+IB PH1
I've had a persistent rattle in every clio I've owned above the rear passenger window.

I'm yet to track down what's causing it but it sounds like it's coming from the area the rear belt retreats to.

LeeRS

ClioSport Club Member
Ask this guy.

renault-clio-4638789_b_1625614ea05fa20c.jpg