ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Compact Flash - Am I missing something here?

Skoda Fabia Vrs 180b
nope. Jessops know people will buy from them as a leading brand name.

both are well overpriced however. SD FTW :D

dk

911 GTS Cab
compact flash is cheaper than sd in my experience, i don't think you need a card that fast to make it that expensive do you lee?

Lee

BMW M2C
I've got a couple of Extreme III 8gb cards, which should be fine. It's not like I'll be filling the cameras buffer up all the time.

I reckon I'll order a 16gb Extreme though, as capacity is going to be more of an issue.

Oil Burner
Head over to 7day shop and check out their prices for memory. I've always found them to be the cheapest. They are not very fast on delivery in my experience, but usually cheap enough to justify the wait.

Cupra
I have read reports of dodgy/ copy cards being sold on Amazon by third party shops. It could be hearsay but might explain the price difference.

Lee

BMW M2C
I have read reports of dodgy/ copy cards being sold on Amazon by third party shops. It could be hearsay but might explain the price difference.

I'd heard the same. The one I've ordered from Amazon isn't from a third party, it's from Amazon.

2004 1.5 DCi 80 Dyna
Your sandisk card must have a white serial number on the back of the card (opposite end of the holes for the pin). This number should begin with the letter B, if it has neither, it is a fake.

I use the Extreme card (8gb, not extreme III) and it is great for writing large files and transferring several gigs worth of stuff over to the computer. But it is also worth having a good CF reader to do the transferring as you will not get the full potential of data transfer with a bog standard reader.

I have the Lexar UDMA CF & SD card reader (model no. RW035-7000) and it works a treat with all fast cards.

I also own 300x Lexar CF card & a 266x Dane-Elec card (bought from 7day), Dane-Elec is a great option if you are on a budget, very reliable at a fraction of the high brand name cost.